The stunning island of ‘Ookolhufinolhu’ (sandbank point) is located in an unexplored part of the Lhaviyani Atoll, a 30-minute seaplane ride from
This large island has a long, sweeping sandbank perfect for weddings and special occasions. The atoll is also home to some of the best diving and
ENQUIRE NOW - Click here !
Maldives – Lhaviyani Atoll
WHEN CAN I GO?
1 August 2018 – 31 October 2018
7 Night honeymoon on Cocoon Maldives
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE DEAL?
- Return flights to Maldives on Emirates
- Return resort transfers by seaplane
- 7 nights accommodation in a Beach Villa
- Breakfast, lunch & dinner
- Drinks at meal times including water, soft drinks, house wine, tap beer, tea & coffee
- All taxes, levies & surcharges (estimate)
- 25% Discount included
- FREE Upgrade to All Inclusive included
- FREE upgrade to a Lagoon Villa
- Honeymoon Value Add: Bottle of wine, chocolates & special turn down, one romantic candle lit dinner at Manta Restaurant(Valid within 6 months of wedding)
AIRFARE SURCHARGES & CONDITIONS
- A weekend surcharge is applicable for travel on Fridays and Saturdays.
- A high season surcharge applies for travel 12 – 23 December 2018 approx. R2 000 per person
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Packages are subject to availability at the time of the reservation.
- Passport & visa costs (if applicable), travel insurance & items of a personal nature are not included.
- Prices are subject to change without prior notice due to airfare increases and currency fluctuations.
- Rebooking and cancellation fees apply.
- All prices are per person sharing unless otherwise specified.
- Standard terms and conditions apply.
- All discounts and/or special offers have already been included in the package price.
The seaplane transfer takes 30 minute from the international airport
Italian interior design company LAGO have put a unique and extraordinary touch on the interiors. Their ‘floating bed’ designs are a common fixture in all villas as is the use of rustic wildwood.
The 150 villas are divided into semi-detached Beach Villas, stand alone Beach Suites, Family Beach Villas, Beach Suites with Pool, Lagoon Villas on stilts over the water, Lagoon Suites, Lagoon Suites with Pool and a Presidential Suite on the beach.
- Air conditioning and Ceiling fan
- King size bed
- Bathroom with shower
- Hair dryer
- Sitting area with sofa
- Mini bar
- Private digital safe
- Flat screen TV
- Tea/Coffee making facilities
- Day bed/sun bed
- Music system/DVD player
- Jacuzzi (Lagoon suites only)
- Plunge Pool (Pool villas only)
- Beach Suites with Pool, Lagoon Suites with Pool and the Cocoon Suite enjoy 24 Hour butler service
The resort operates on a Half Board Plus basis which includes:
- Breakfast and dinner
- Drinks during meal times including water, soft drinks, house wine, tap beer, tea and coffee
Guests can choose to pay a supplement to upgrade to a Full Board Plus basis which includes:
- Lunch including water, soft drinks, house wine, tap beer, tea and coffee
Guests can also upgrade to an All Inclusive basis which includes:
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner served at the Main Restaurant
- Afternoon tea/coffee with snacks served from 16h30 – 18h00
- Bottled water, drinks served by the glass including soft drinks, beer, house wine and pouring spirits which includes Gin, Vodka, Whiskey, Brandy, Tequila, Rum, Arrack and Martini between 10h00 and 00h00s only
- Selected cocktails & mocktails
- Mini bar – soft drinks and water (replenished once daily)
- Tea and coffee making facilities in the room
- 10% discount on Spa treatments
The main buffet restaurant, serves breakfast, lunch and dinner showcasing culinary highlights from around the world with regular theme evenings.
The Manta Restaurant
Is an A la Carte restaurant over the lagoon.
The Palm Grill
Is located under the palms on the beach and is dedicated to seafood grills.
This is the resort’s main bar and is located at the pool. The Kurum-Bar is located on the southern tip of the island close to the kids club. Both bars have a light lunch menu available and the Kurum-Bar also offers a ‘Catch of the Day’ option between 12h30 and 15h00.
The resort spa offers a wide range of therapeutic treatments to soothe and heal spirit, body and mind.
WATERSPORTS & ACTIVITIES
- Swimming pool
- Water Sports Centre
- Dive Centre
- Kids Club
- Excursions Desk
- Evening entertainment
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Island Memories photography outlet
WELCOME TO THE MALDIVES
A destination of dazzling tropical beauty that offers the perfect recipe for relaxation and rejuvenation! A country of more than a thousand islands spread over 90,000 square kilometres of the Indian Ocean. Endowed with a dreamlike beauty, the Maldives welcomes you to enjoy its natural splendour and charm. For most holidaymakers, great sunny days with deep blue skies, clear lagoons with pleasing shades of blue, moonlit nights, the soothing sound of little waves lapping soft white sands, the ruffle of palms and powdery white beaches are the basic ingredient for a tropical island holiday – few places offer these in greater abundance than the Maldives.
Maldives offers a variety of resorts catering to the taste and budget of most travellers. All resorts are located on their own private island, making their beaches idyllically crowd-free. From Robinson Crusoe style to those offering a more conventional style, your resort is your haven from which to spend your days relaxing with a cocktail or two, diving in the spectacular ocean, or taking advantage of the spa facilities, water sports or activities the resort has to offer. Maldives is bare foot luxury at its best.
The warm seas of the Maldives have high visibility throughout the year; with water clear enough to see the passing fish as far as fifty metres away at times. Over a thousand species of fish and other underwater creatures inhabit the Maldivian waters. Enjoy your days snorkelling, diving, deep-sea fishing or cruising at sunset.
The Maldives has a hot tropical climate and the temperature remains remarkably consistent at around 30°C year round – and that’s on the beach and in the water! The sea in the Maldives is warm all year round and the water temperature is an average of 29°C (yowzers!)
The Maldives is 3 hours ahead of South Africa.
International flights arrive at Male’s Hulhule airport, which is on an island of its own. Transfers from the airport to your resort island are either by boat, seaplane or domestic flight, depending on the distance. If your resort requires a seaplane transfer, be aware that seaplanes only operate in daylight hours. The seaplane journey in itself is an experience, as you get stunning views of the atolls – make sure you get a window seat and that you get your camera out before boarding. The seaplane will usually land next to a floating platform, from which you will be picked up by boat to be taken the remaining few metres in shore to your resort.
Electricity supply is 220V to 240V, 50Hz AC. The standard socket is the UK-style three-pin, although there are some variations, so an international adaptor will be useful.
The language of the Maldivians is Dhivehi and is very similar to several other languages from Sri Lanka, South East Asia and North India. English is also widely spoken in the Maldives.
If you are a certified diver, travel with proof of your certification and discover this miracle of nature called Maldives – a true diver’s dream. If you are not certified – well there’s no time like the present! Take the plunge while on holiday in the Maldives – with its shallow lagoons, the Maldives offers ideal conditions for beginners. Maldives is one of the most coral rich regions in the world, here you are spoilt for choice when it comes to diving. With over a thousand different species of coral and fish, every dive is a fascinating experience. While boat diving is more popular, shore diving to discover natures little wonders in the house reef off the island is also amazing. Diving possibilities include drift diving, wreck diving and night diving.
WHAT TO PACK
- As a guide, the maximum weight for checked luggage is 20kg in economy class and 30kg in business class
- If you’re taking a seaplane transfer, the luggage allowance is a little more restrictive than your commercial flight – you are allowed 20kg per person of baggage and one piece of hand luggage weighing no more than 5kg.
- Take along your best beach and casual wear, perfect for the day
- A light rain jacket might come in handy in the event of the occasional rain shower
- Sunglasses and suntan lotion are a must
- Don’t forget any medication that you might need, and be sure to pack it in your hand luggage
- Chargers for all your devices (it’s a good idea to take along a few movies on a tablet or something similar as the English TV channels in your hotel may be limited)
- Take along your own goggles & snorkels – even though your resort will have this equipment available to hire, you’ll probably be happier having your own
- Mosquito repellent
- Flip flops, sun hat and a beach bag
- An underwater camera is a great idea
- Pack a change of clothing in your hand luggage in case of baggage delays (and a spare cozzie so at least you can have a swim when you get to your resort)
- Clothing creases less if rolled in a sausage shape when packed – so roll, don’t fold
- No sharp objects are permitted in your hand luggage (yes, tweezers are sharp!)
- Travel insurance is a must. If you can’t afford it, you can’t afford to travel!
- Travelling with kids – please check that you have all the relevant documents including unabridged Birth Certificates.
- Put electronics, medication, toothbrushes and jewellery in your carry-on bag
- It’s often a good idea to let your bank or credit card company know that you’re going overseas
- Be patient, be flexible, be spontaneous and have the best time ever!