Great location in the pristine Raa Atoll, a natural paradise of white sand and spectacular sunsets providing comfortable and spacious accommodation.
For the energetic visitor there are plenty of activities ranging from gym, tennis and beach volleyball through to wind surfing, water skiing, scuba diving and big game fishing.
Or, imagine you and someone special all alone on a lover’s cruise, or exploring a desert island hand in hand…it’s a dream come true on Meedhupparu.
ENQUIRE NOW - Click here !
Maldives – Raa Atoll
WHEN CAN I GO?
1 September 2018 – 31 October 2018
7 Night All Inclusive honeymoon on Meedhupparu
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE DEAL?
- Return flights to Maldives on Emirates
- Return resort transfers by seaplane
- 7 nights accommodation in a Beach Villa
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner & selected drinks daily
- Mid-morning, late afternoon & midnight snacks.
- Drinks served by the glass between 10h00 & 00h00 at the Main, Pool & Sunset Bars , Café Mass & Main Restaurant (during lunch & dinner only) – house pouring spirits, house wine, draught beer, chasers, soft drinks, selected cocktails & mocktails, cordials, mineral water, tea & coffee.
- All taxes, levies & surcharges (estimate)
- 30% Early Bird Discount
- Honeymoon Value Add: Cake, bottle of wine and bed decoration
- Extra Value Add’s: One introductory dive, one sunset cruise, 30% discount on Spa treatments (These offers all apply only once during the stay)Book by 31 August
AIRFARE SURCHARGES & CONDITIONS
- A weekend surcharge is applicable for travel on Fridays and Saturdays.
- A high season surcharge applies for travel 12 – 23 December 2018 approx. R2 000 per person
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Packages are subject to availability at the time of the reservation.
- Passport & visa costs (if applicable), travel insurance & items of a personal nature are not included.
- Prices are subject to change without prior notice due to airfare increases and currency fluctuations.
- Rebooking and cancellation fees apply.
- All prices are per person sharing unless otherwise specified.
- Standard terms and conditions apply.
- All discounts and/or special offers have already been included in the package price.
The seaplane transfer takes around 45 minutes
The 215 Beach Villas are dotted around the island and provide direct access to the white sand. They have semi open air bathrooms with outdoor rain showers.
- Air conditioning
- Ceiling fan
- Mini bar (chargeable)
- Satellite Television
- Telephone with IDD Facility
- Tea/Coffee making facilities
- In Room Safe
- Hairdryer and toiletries
The Main and Safura Restaurants provide an international buffet.
Café Mass is an a la carte restaurant with daily dinner promotions.
Newly opened Thavaa on the beachfront provides an a la carte Asian fusion menu.
The resort has 3 bars: The Main Bar, Sunrise Bar and Sunset Bar
Evening entertainment includes live music, crab races, DJ evenings and karaoke competitions.
The resort operates on an All Inclusive basis
- Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner at the Main and Safura Restaurants
- Mid-morning, late afternoon and midnight snacks
- Drinks served by the glass between 10h00 and 00h00 at the Main, Pool and Sunset Bars, Café Mass and Main Restaurant (during lunch & dinner only) – house pouring spirits, house wine, draught beer, chasers, soft drinks, selected cocktails and mocktails, cordials, mineral water, tea and coffee.
- All inclusive drinks will be available at Café Mass after 00h00.
Guests also have the option to upgrade to Silver All Inclusive at a supplementary charge
- Buffet breakfast, buffet or optional set menu lunch and dinner at the Main and Safura Restaurants
- Mid-morning , late afternoon and midnight snacks
- Drinks served by the glass between 10h00 and 00h00 at the Main, Pool, Sunset and Sunrise Bars, Café Mass and Main Restaurant (during lunch & dinner only) – premium brand spirits, house wine, draught beer, chasers, soft drinks, superior selection of cocktails and mocktails, cordials, fresh juices, mineral water, tea and coffee including freshly brewed iced tea and iced coffee
- Daily mini bar refill (beer, soft drinks and water)
- One special dinner at Café Mass plus a 20% discount on a la carte meals at Café Mass
- Daily high tea
- One excursion per stay (sunset cruise or night fishing)
- Complimentary entry to the Beach Party and Beach Disco
- 10% discount on hotel shop purchases excluding the gem shop
Surrounded by lush greenery the resort’s Chavana Spa offers tranquility, privacy and pampering treatments where the range of signature body treatments, facials and packages are inspired by the freshness of a Balinese garden.
WATERSPORTS & ACTIVITIES
(some at a supplement *)
- Main pool
- Tennis, beach volley, badminton, beach football, pool table and darts
- Squash court
- Available watersports include windsurfing, waterskiing, jet skis, snorkelling, tubes and catamarans
- Fitness Centre, sauna, steam room*
- Dive school*
- Gift shop
WELCOME TO THE MALDIVES
A destination of dazzling tropical beauty that offers the perfect recipe for relaxation and rejuvenation! A country of more than a thousand islands spread over 90,000 square kilometres of the Indian Ocean. Endowed with a dreamlike beauty, the Maldives welcomes you to enjoy its natural splendour and charm. For most holidaymakers, great sunny days with deep blue skies, clear lagoons with pleasing shades of blue, moonlit nights, the soothing sound of little waves lapping soft white sands, the ruffle of palms and powdery white beaches are the basic ingredient for a tropical island holiday – few places offer these in greater abundance than the Maldives.
Maldives offers a variety of resorts catering to the taste and budget of most travellers. All resorts are located on their own private island, making their beaches idyllically crowd-free. From Robinson Crusoe style to those offering a more conventional style, your resort is your haven from which to spend your days relaxing with a cocktail or two, diving in the spectacular ocean, or taking advantage of the spa facilities, water sports or activities the resort has to offer. Maldives is bare foot luxury at its best.
The warm seas of the Maldives have high visibility throughout the year; with water clear enough to see the passing fish as far as fifty metres away at times. Over a thousand species of fish and other underwater creatures inhabit the Maldivian waters. Enjoy your days snorkelling, diving, deep-sea fishing or cruising at sunset.
The Maldives has a hot tropical climate and the temperature remains remarkably consistent at around 30°C year round – and that’s on the beach and in the water! The sea in the Maldives is warm all year round and the water temperature is an average of 29°C (yowzers!)
The Maldives is 3 hours ahead of South Africa.
International flights arrive at Male’s Hulhule airport, which is on an island of its own. Transfers from the airport to your resort island are either by boat, seaplane or domestic flight, depending on the distance. If your resort requires a seaplane transfer, be aware that seaplanes only operate in daylight hours. The seaplane journey in itself is an experience, as you get stunning views of the atolls – make sure you get a window seat and that you get your camera out before boarding. The seaplane will usually land next to a floating platform, from which you will be picked up by boat to be taken the remaining few metres in shore to your resort.
Electricity supply is 220V to 240V, 50Hz AC. The standard socket is the UK-style three-pin, although there are some variations, so an international adaptor will be useful.
The language of the Maldivians is Dhivehi and is very similar to several other languages from Sri Lanka, South East Asia and North India. English is also widely spoken in the Maldives.
If you are a certified diver, travel with proof of your certification and discover this miracle of nature called Maldives – a true diver’s dream. If you are not certified – well there’s no time like the present! Take the plunge while on holiday in the Maldives – with its shallow lagoons, the Maldives offers ideal conditions for beginners. Maldives is one of the most coral rich regions in the world, here you are spoilt for choice when it comes to diving. With over a thousand different species of coral and fish, every dive is a fascinating experience. While boat diving is more popular, shore diving to discover natures little wonders in the house reef off the island is also amazing. Diving possibilities include drift diving, wreck diving and night diving.
WHAT TO PACK
- As a guide, the maximum weight for checked luggage is 20kg in economy class and 30kg in business class
- If you’re taking a seaplane transfer, the luggage allowance is a little more restrictive than your commercial flight – you are allowed 20kg per person of baggage and one piece of hand luggage weighing no more than 5kg.
- Take along your best beach and casual wear, perfect for the day
- A light rain jacket might come in handy in the event of the occasional rain shower
- Sunglasses and suntan lotion are a must
- Don’t forget any medication that you might need, and be sure to pack it in your hand luggage
- Chargers for all your devices (it’s a good idea to take along a few movies on a tablet or something similar as the English TV channels in your hotel may be limited)
- Take along your own goggles & snorkels – even though your resort will have this equipment available to hire, you’ll probably be happier having your own
- Mosquito repellent
- Flip flops, sun hat and a beach bag
- An underwater camera is a great idea
- Pack a change of clothing in your hand luggage in case of baggage delays (and a spare cozzie so at least you can have a swim when you get to your resort)
- Clothing creases less if rolled in a sausage shape when packed – so roll, don’t fold
- No sharp objects are permitted in your hand luggage (yes, tweezers are sharp!)
- Travel insurance is a must. If you can’t afford it, you can’t afford to travel!
- Travelling with kids – please check that you have all the relevant documents including unabridged Birth Certificates.
- Put electronics, medication, toothbrushes and jewellery in your carry-on bag
- It’s often a good idea to let your bank or credit card company know that you’re going overseas
- Be patient, be flexible, be spontaneous and have the best time ever!